What is Social Video?
Social video is video content that is designed to be seen and shared through social networks. But there’s a bit more to it than that…
- Each social network has a unique audience, so each social video needs to be optimized differently. A social video made for Facebook may need editing to optimize it for Instagram.
- Social Videos need to be shareable. It should be something you can quickly send to
- Social Videos are about authenticity and engagement
Social Videos do not need to go viral to be an effective part of your marketing strategy.
Why Social Video is a key Part of Content Marketing
So we now know what Social Video is, but why is it important?
- More social networks are rolling out a native video platform, demonstrating its growing value.
- Millenials are Social Video junkies and increasingly will only return to news sites that use engaging visuals. So without social video as part of your content marketing strategy
- A video is highly engaging and tends to more reliably capture peoples attention in their news feed
- Your competitors are already leveraging social video
- Online Video will account for at least 82% of all internet traffic by 2021
- Native Facebook videos have up to 86% higher reach, which increases engagement with your audience
- Facebook generates 8 billion views per day on average (yes billion, like with a ‘B’)
- After watching video visitors are 64% more likely to buy
Why doesn’t everyone use social video?
Making video is hard.
Although new hardware and software tools have made video production easier and easier, it’s still one of the hardest forms of content to produce. There are several reasons for that.
Some of these reasons are technical.
We hear things from our customers like:
- “I just spend three hours working on this video, uploaded it and it’s all blurry. Help!!!”
- “Why is Instagram rejecting my video file, it’s saying file format invalid?!?!?”
- “Ok, I’ve got my video uploaded, but now it’s rotated on its side. WTF.”
Even if you manage all these technical issues though, some people just don’t have the time to be planning, recording, and editing videos.
There’s so much to do
- Get the script just right
- Set aside time to film
- Get the audio right
- Buy all the equipment
- Not enough hard drive space
- etc. etc. etc.
Also, you might be thinking: “Did I get into business to make videos?”
Probably not. Probably, your time is better spent growing your business and on doing what you do best, in your business.
That’s where we come in.
We specialize in transforming your existing social or blog content into stunning social videos so you don’t have to spend any extra time writing new content or recording video.
If you’re happy with things the way they are, then this might not be for you, but if you’re ready to effortless upgrade your content marketing and spike your conversions on Facebook, we’re here to help.